Saturday, June 11, 2005

Books I'm Not Buying

I'm not buying books right now because I don't have the money to buy books right now, but if I did, these are the books I'd be buying in a heartbeat:

Pinkerton's Sister by Peter Rushforth

Literature and the Gods by Roberto Calasso

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

Specimen Days by Michael Cunningham

Istanbul by Orhan Pamuk

The Mysterious Flame of Queen Luana by Umberto Eco

The public library doesn't have the Calasso or the Pamuk, although it probably will order the Pamuk. I could get on the extensive waiting lists for the Kostova, Cunningham and Eco or bide my time until they show up at the university library, and I can probably have the Rushforth by the end of next week if I go into the library today and pay my fines, thereby getting my privileges restored.

Sigh. Guess I'll go pay my fines. That's the cheapest solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...