Sunday, October 09, 2005

Mystery quotes

I have a dog named Jackson, who between the ages of four and five, in people years, became suicidal. In a period of less than twelve months, Jackson jumped out of the back of a speeding pickup truck, ate a fourteen pound bag of nonorganic fertilizer, and threw himself between the jaws of a hundred-and-fifty pound Russian wolfhound. Similarly, when I turned twenty-eight years old, I started to date a man whose favorite song was "Desperado."

I guessed this quote easily at Readerville last night.

And I put up the following quote and it was quickly identified as well:

I had known him as a bulldozer, as a samurai, as an android programmed to kill, as Plastic Man and Titanium Man and Matter-Eater Lad, as a Buick Electra, as a Peterbuilt truck, and even, for a week, as the Mackinac Bridge, but it was as a werewolf that Timothy Stokes finally went too far.

Anybody here recognize them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...