Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Meme time

Sylvia has tagged me for a word meme, but since I've just completed the shufle meme I saw on her blog last week, it may be a few days before I finish her new one.

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you? "Up All Night" by Kelly Willis. Up all night crying. . . It's allergies, people, allergies!

Will I have a happy life? "Blue Moon of Kentucky" by Bill Monroe and His Bluegrass Boys. Shine on the one who is gone and left me blue. . . One of these lyrics aside songs: who couldn't be happy listening to bluegrass?

What do my friends really think of me? "I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl" by Nina Simone. I feel so funny to be so sad. . . I should stop sharing my problems, maybe?

What do people secretly think of me? "Waiting' Round to Die" by Pat Hanely. Ack! This Townes Van Zandt song is enough to drive a person to suicide, according to my daughter. I prefer the Be Good Tanyas version anyway. Still, not a good selection for the question.

How can I be happy? "Wastin' Time With You" by Carlene Carter. A happy up-beat song! Finally.

What should I do with my life? "Eleanor Rigby" by The Beatles. Uh oh.

What is some good advice for me? "Harley" by Kathy Mattea. I should become a motorcycle mama?

How will I be remembered? "Because of the Wind" by Jimmie Dale Gilmore. I think that means I'll be forgotten. Oh, well.

What is my signature dancing song? "Five Million One Thousand Miles" by Kevin Welch. Such a slooow song. That'll work. I can't dance.

What do I think my current theme song is? "Fallen From Grace" by Mark Lee Scott. This is from the Deadwood soundtrack, if that tells you anything. I've already been told that "ladies" don't watch Deadwood, so I guess this fits, although my real theme song is Iris DeMent's The Way I Should.

What song will play at my funeral? "September When It Comes" by Rosanne Cash and Johnny Cash. How eerie is that?

What type of men/women do you like? No song came up for this question. An NPR Health and Science podcast did, however. L.'s handiwork. Just because I like him doesn't mean he ought to be mixing his podcasts in with my music files, though.

What is my day going to be like? "Let's Go Get Stoned" by Ray Charles. A Coke at the zoo today will be quite sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...