Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My mail carrier loves me. I've managed to meet her at the bottom of the driveway the last two times she's had a box of books to deliver, saving her a trudge up the hill to the front porch. Last time I happened to be at the mailbox, doing my best Grandma Death imitation, when she pulled up, and today we were just back from the store, unloading the groceries, when she came.

Today's haul:

David Mitchell's latest, Black Swan Green , and Oakley Hall's western classic Warlock, reissued by the New York Review of Books.

But first I must read The Virginian for the Slaves of Golconda. Stefanie has posted questions and requested five-paragraph essays. Will the Slaves oblige or turn cantankerous? Stay tuned or join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...