Monday, June 05, 2006

Because yesterday was L.'s birthday, I was too busy all weekend to do more than complete the first part of The Last Witchfinder, but I'm continuing to find it an excellent read. I'm looking forward to spending a large chunk of time on it over the next couple of evenings.

R. bought Michael Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma for her dad on our trip to the bookstore on Saturday, and bought me a trade copy of Housekeeping so that she can take my mass market as her plane read when she leaves in a couple of weeks. I fell for the cover of Susan Richards Shreve 's A Student of Living Things and promptly placed a library hold on it when we returned home. I'm going to try to go for an entire month without buying any books.

I am also going to try to exercise daily for the next month as well.

I don't think June is going to be a pleasant month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...