Thursday, July 27, 2006

Very Selective Book Meme

Sylvia tagged me for the Very Selective Book Meme:

1. One book that changed your life:

Myths to Live By. Joseph Campbell

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:

Harriet the Spy. Louise Fitzhugh

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:

A book that would help me get off a desert island.

4. One book that made you laugh:

To Say Nothing of the Dog, or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last. Connie Willis.

5. One book that made you cry:

Crooked Hearts. Robert Boswell. Made me sob right outloud.

6. One book that you wish had been written:

Peter Rushforth's sequel to A Dead Language.

7. One book that you wish had never been written:

Lord of the Rings. Yes, I know you've read this ten million times. Just shut up about it already, okay?

8. One book you’re currently reading:

Proust at the Majestic. Richard Davenport-Hines

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:

The People's Act of Love. James Meek. Next month, I promise.

10. Now tag five people:

Carol, John, Sharon, Lesley and Jill.


Sylvia said...

Love #3! LOL

CLB said...

I've never been "tagged" before. I realize I am now "it", but what am I supposed to do?

Ex Libris said...

I haven't either, but thanks! Do I answer the same questions on my blog and then tag 5 more people? Sharon

sfp said...

Yes, you answer the questions on your blog and then, if you like, you tag other people to answer them as well.


Danielle said...

Yes, you have to read the Meek book!

JohnM said...

I like #3 also. :)

I'll play, but it may be a couple of days, as I've got a backlog of queued Waldrop and Calvino posts to get through first.

LK said...

Nice selection (and #3 made me chuckle). I will have to pull out Crooked Hearts from my piles -- I got it at a book sale a while back but never, I'm interested.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've been tagged! Give me a day or two to think about my answers and I'll post on my blog.