Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Amanda's Lunch Break Meme

A meme from Blog Jar:

1) My uncle once: snuck a parrot into the U.S. illegally.
2) Never in my life: have I been to NYC.
3) When I was five: the parrot snuck into the U.S. illegally lived at my house and was my best friend.
4) High school was: a mixed bag.
5) Fire is: my oldest fear, thanks to the fact that I saw my dad go inside a burning chicken house when I was a little kid (he was a volunteer fireman; later, the chief), but I never saw his back- door exit.
6) I once saw: a cousin eat Alpo that another cousin was heating up on the stove for her spoiled little dog
7) There’s this woman I know who: offered to give me a four-year-old Thoroughbred, but I can't afford to have it boarded.
8) Once, at a bar: Dwight Yoakam touched my hand.
9) By noon I’m usually: Dressed.
10) Last night: I had a patron on the phone who thought she could change reality by repeating the same erroneous statements twenty million times.
11) If I only had: more bookcases.
12) Next time I go to church: will probably be at the Methodist church in North Wilkesboro.
13) What worries me most: My sister.
14) When I turn my head left: I see Ellie asleep on the back of the cat sofa.
15) When I turn my head right: Claudius awake in the hallway.
16) You know I'm lying when: I say that I don't mind if you put me on hold.
17) What I miss most about the eighties: our old house.
18) If I were a character written by Shakespeare, I’d be: the Fool.
19) By this time next year: I should be back working days.
20) I have a hard time understanding: why anyone ever thought media consolidation would be a good idea.
21) You know I like you if: I ask you what you're reading.
22) If I won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: the person who handed it to me.
23) Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: only one of these was ever in an episode of Alias Smith and Jones!
24) Take my advice, never: tease a weasel. A weasel will not like it and teasing isn't nice! (Anyone else read that book?)
25) My ideal breakfast is: salmon cream cheese on a sesame seed bagel and a Coke.
26) If you visit my hometown, I suggest you go to: MerleFest.
27) Why doesn't everyone: read more books.
28) If you spend the night at my house: the parrot Trevor will dictate when it's lights out.
29) I’d stop my wedding: if it had to be one of those long, drawn-out affairs.
30) The world could do without: Kenny Chesney.
31) My favorite blonde is: my daughter.
32) If I do anything well, it’s: procrastinate.
33) And by the way: my husband's retirement ended today. So much for that.

6 comments:

Stefanie said...

That was fun reading!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for the Tease a Weasel book, thanks for this.

Sylvia said...

#9 applies to me as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Hhhmmmmm.....#30 bothers me. What if someone said that about you! Just remember....what goes around comes around!!!!

iliana said...

This was fun. I kept thinking "me too" with some of these :)

renee said...

What a fun meme! I like that idea. Not sure if I can work it into my blog...