Saturday, October 20, 2007

Read-a-thon Report No. 6

Two more short stories to report--Rick Bass's "Goats" (30 pages) and Ron Rash's "Honesty" (12 pages). Both worth reading, particularly the Bass.

I've enjoyed reading short works today, but I realized about an hour ago that all that stopping and starting won't work as well as I begin getting sleepy--I've begun administering cups of coffee to myself to ward off the sleepiness--so I decided to start a novel. I'm now 35 pages into Diane Setterfield's The Thirteen Tale and hoping to make a lot more headway before I call it a night.

4 comments:

  1. Great choice for the final hours. The Thirteenth Tale was one I stayed up all night to finish.

    Crissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that's such a great book! I bet you'll be able to make it to the end with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! That's a book that could definitely keep me awake. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shouldn't tell you this, but it took me a long time to get into The Thirteenth Tale. Pretend I didn't say that discouraging word - I am here to cheer and encourage. I'm the cheerleader for this hour of the Readathon. I must say that I'm having so much fun.

    Stop by my blog and enter my mini-challenge at A Reader's Journal.

    And good luck with the reading. Go, girl, go! Rah! Rah!

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...