Sunday, June 29, 2008

Final Read-a-thon Update

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I've had a blast as I hope everyone else did. I read exactly 900 pages.

Wow, I could've finished Les Mis.


Completed during 22 hours that I read:

Was This Man a Genius? Julie Hecht

Requiem, Mass. John Dufresne

Partially read during the readathon:

When You are Engulfed in Flames. David Sedaris

My Sister's Hand in Mine: The Collected Works of Jane Bowles. Jane Bowles

The Horse-Stealers and Other Stories. Anton Chekhov

Everything That Rises Must Converge. Flannery O'Connor

Interpreter of Maladies. Jhumpa Lahiri

The Calling. Inger Ash Wolfe

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. 900 pages, wow! I don't think I've ever read that much in one day, but then I've never done a read-a-thon. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only time I can remember reading this much in one weekend was back in 8th grade when I devoured Gone With the Wind over the course of a Friday afternoon to Sunday evening. That was a little over a thousand pages.

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...