Monday, August 24, 2009

Life According to Literature Meme

(via Saving Ophelia)

Using only books you have read this year (2009), cleverly answer these questions. Try not to repeat a book title. It’s a lot harder than you think!

Describe Yourself: American Sphinx (Joseph Ellis)

How do you feel: Disquiet (Julie Leigh)

Describe where you currently live: Family Roundabout (Richmal Crompton) in The New Valley (Josh Weil)

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: East of Eden (John Steinbeck)

Your favorite form of transportation: Six Ponies (Josephine Pullein-Thompson)

Your best friend is: Lulu in Marrakech (Diane Johnson)

You and your friends are: Princes in the Land (Joanna Cannan)

What’s the weather like: Cheerful Weather for the Wedding (Julia Strachey)

Favorite time of day : A Life's Morning (George Gissing)

*If your life was a(n): Infinite Jest (David Foster Wallace)

*What is life to you: A Broom of One's Own. (Nancy Peacock)

Your fear: The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye (A.S. Byatt)

What is the best advice you have to give: Everything Matters! (Ron Currie, Jr.)

Thought for the Day: When Will There Be Good News? (Kate Atkinson)

How I would like to die: Negotiating With the Dead (Margaret Atwood) or Making Conversation (Christine Longford)

My soul’s present condition: Dry Storeroom No. 1 (Richard Fortey)

8 comments:

  1. I've seen this meme around; it looks fun. I'll have to try it if I have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Just remember that it doesn't pay to negotiate with the dead (a la my blog title)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I answered it here (http://www.penguindust.com/ljh/2009/08/24/life-according-to-literature-meme/)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a great meme. I'm not sure I am clever enough or hav read enough this year to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a fun meme! Everyone should check out Lisa's answers if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Jeanne, we've been rewatching Season 6 of Buffy, so I've been thinking about your blog A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's mine!: http://classical-bookworm.blogspot.com/2009/08/life-according-to-literature-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy this meme! I had a lot of fun answering it on my blog. Great answers!

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...