Sunday, October 25, 2009

The early morning readathon post

Wow, I had no idea I quit posting so early last night. I settled on Elisabeth Sanxay Holding's The Blank Wall, and read on and off until about 10 pm and went to bed, intending to get about four hours or so of sleep. Instead, I slept till 4:30, and resumed reading then. I knew by staying up late Friday to read Her Fearful Symmetry that I was going to be too tired to last long on Saturday. Oh well.

Anyway, I've just finished the Holding. Nicholson, our most devious cat, has been pushing books off the end table with her nose, trying to get me to go feed her. I'm not supposed to bend over for six weeks, though, due to pulled muscles in my back, so L.'s been feeding the cats, since it involves lots of bending over. I may take this as a sign to go back to bed until someone else is up around here to feed the cats and pick the books up off the floor.

What an excuse, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Only a few hours left, well done! My houserabbit has been hassling me everytime i eat something, she is so greedy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you deserve to take any signs you can to grab some sleep!

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...